• Day 12: Quelena Grande, Bolivia



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    No matter how much I will miss my beloved double room, my journey has to go on. Before getting going, I heard some conversations in fluent Cantonese in the lobby of the hotel. Then I turned my head and saw this Hong Kong couple who are now residing in the states. They just took the night bus from Uyuni to Tupiza, only because of the good reputation of La Torre Tour. I can not agree with them when La Torre does not operate their own tour but combines the tourists with other travel agencies, qualities are thus varied.

     Llama and the sunny sky on the highland
    Llama llama

    Sunny sky on the highland
    Our driver's name is Pablo and he is also the guide of this tour. He and the cook came pick up me first, then we went to pick up others. And I guessed it right, I saw the familiar face of Mario again. The old Australian couple Ed & Chris stood right behind him. The back of our jeep has ridiculously small space, yet that old Australian guy Ed required me to sit on the back (After the incident in Dubai, I swore I would never sit in the back again). I told him I would have motion sickness if I sat in the back. He could not do anything to me but then was always being so sarcastic on the way. His wife Chris was much nicer, however, as long as she started talking, she could not stop herself. Her accent, which I am not familiar with, made my head hurt more on the bumpy road when I had to concentrate to listen to what she said. And for Mario, he could only sit in the back when Ed was reluctant to move his ass there.

    Church on the way
    There were not many places to see on the first day, mainly driving. In the beginning of our trip, we drove through the winding Z roads for a very long time. As I had not known the condition of the road before, I did not take any life saving motion sickness pill. For several times, I even started to feel like gagging in the car.

    After few hours, we arrived at the first sight to see the lovely llama. Then we headed to a place with the altitude of 4000 meters to have lunch there. Meanwhile, other jeeps also came and had lunch at the same place, including the French couple with whom we climbed rocks together yesterday.

    Small Inca ruins
    Church
    After lunch, Ed suggested we should change our seats again, as he found it difficult to stretch his famous long legs in the front. So he asked Mario, Chris and me to sit in the front, then he could lay himself in the entire back. Although the front would be more packed, I could not second more with his suggestion. It's just better than him nonstop complaining next to me.

    Pretty lake and volcano 
    4855m
    The scenery on the way was beautiful. Whereas, when there was other car coming from another direction, they would immediately roll up the dusts and sands. At that moment, we had to close our windows. Subsequently, whenever there were cars, we had to close our windows...open our windows...close our windows...open our windows... For some parts on the way, our jeep drove very closely behind another jeep. Though our windows were tightly closed, the interior of the car was still full of dusts that my allergic nose was nearly going to explode.

    Quelena Grande
    As a result of our discussion, we decided we should drive 2 more hours to Quelena Grande, so that we will not need to wake up at 4 a.m. tomorrow. Quelena Grande is a very small town, and the place we are staying is pretty shabby, too. Luckily, we were still able to catch the electricity when we got there, meaning I could wash my hair with icy water and dry it off by my almighty hair dryer (hair dryer is definitely the best invention in the world).

    We had our dinner at around 7 p.m.. The vegetable soup tasted surprisingly delicious and other food were also not bad. After dinner, all of them went to bed immediately. And I stayed in the dining room and continued my reading of The Great Gatsby.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong