• Day 18: Copacabana, Bolivia



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    Today I took the bus to Copacabana. The bus ride from was around 3-4 hours, which drove along Lake Titicaca. On the half way, everyone needed to get off from the bus. The bus will then take the boat to cross the lake. Although the boat looked so thin, it was actually strong enough to afford the weight of the bus (incredible)! All the passengers needed to take the boat to cross the lake, too. Meanwhile, I bumped into "the ambassador of justice" Ed & his wife Chris, as well as the Brazilian couple I met in the Tiwanaku tour yesterday. Is Bolivia really that small, again?

    My very dry lunch
    Food kiosks of trout fish 
    Before getting on the bus, I had taken one motion sickness pill. After a while, I began to feel so sleepy again. I started to doubt if the pill made me so drowsy. I did not resist but continued to sleep on the bus. The pill was still effective when I arrived at Copacabana. I could not even walk on the straight line as if I were drunk. On the way to search for the hostel, I almost fell asleep on the floor with my huge backpacks. 

    I took the last breath to stand up and eventually found the "hotel" I am staying - Residencial Sucre. I chose this "hotel" because Lonely Planet said they had hot water for shower, despite the room was quite shabby. For only 2 nights, I can not ask for more. Perhaps it is holiday today, there was a bunch of students staying in this hotel too. When I was having a coma in my early nap time, I could also hear the big noises they made outside of my room.

    Titicaca Lake
    Street vendor
    When I woke up, it was already 3 something in the afternoon. I walked to the lake side alone to have lunch, then took a stroll by the lake side. There are different stores such as boat rentals, tours to Isle del Sol, restaurants, food stalls of the famous trout fish (trucha)...... Copacabana is actually very small, it only took  a short while for me to wander the whole town.

    Finally got to know who painted on the street
    Sunset on the lake
     After sunset
    Almost dusk time I walked to the lake again, the sunset was truly beautiful on Lake Titicaca. Without the sun, it started to get colder at night. So I decided to try the famous trout fish to warm up myself. Actually, I do not eat any fish with colors. And I found that trout and salmon were in the same orange color which made me feel even more sick for the whole dinner. I guessed there wouldn't be any next try.

    At night, I decided to take a hot shower before going to bed. Nevertheless, there's no HOT WATER (roar)!!! Why do you lie to me, Lonely Planet??? Finally, the hair dryer saved my life for one more time!

     The legendary trout fish

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong