Chinese Version / 中文版本
Colca Canyon was once the deepest canyon in the world, but not anymore. The current deepest canyon is Cotahuasi Canyon, also located in Peru. Colca Canyon is also famous for its condor. If the season is right, over 10 condors will simultaneously soar over the canyon, it must be a very spectacular scene!
Today, we needed to wake up at 5 a.m.. There was no hot water in the bathroom in the early morning, and luckily I took one last hot shower before sleeping last night. After eating the free dry and hard bread for breakfast, we began our journey to Colca Canyon. The road was very bumpy but the landscape of the canyon was stunning enough to distract me. There are many terraced fields in the canyon and are all so picturesque.
 |
| The church we saw on the way |
 |
| The domesticated condor & llama |
Out of expectation, we needed to hike for an hour, which I was not told beforehand by the travel agency. Fortunately, the path was smooth that I did not need to climb. Then we waited for the condors to come on the edge of the canyon, however, there were over 100 tourists waiting together, I did not hold too much hope to see them as they might be scared of humans.
While waiting, I talked with Chris by the side. His Cantonese is very good and he knows how to play Mahjong, what a genius of Hong Kong culture! A while later, Tina told us one condor was flying towards us. I immediately took out my camera to keep shooting. In the remaining 30 minutes, there was no one condor soaring near us. They only hovered around in the far away sky, which looked as small as the sparrows......
 |
| The breathtaking landscape of the canyon |
 |
| The small tunnel on the way |
 |
| The hiking path |
 |
| The other side of the canyon |
After watching the condors, we began to return back to Arequipa. Initially I had planned to take the night bus to Lima tonight, yet Tina nonstop encouraged me to go to Arica, Chile. Actually, I had planned to go to Arica from La Paz before, but then I changed my mind to go to Puno at last. The other English woman from our tour told me Paracas was another very nice place in Peru, I was convinced and also wanted to go, if only I had enough time.
On the way back, our travel bus was stalled for more than 30 minutes for several times. I finally got to experience how inconvenient it caused, luckily the jeep in the salt flats tour was never stalled once in those days!
 |
| The closest we could see the condor |
 |
| The legendary 7 color lake (Where were the 7 colors?) |
In the afternoon, we were brought to have lunch buffet again in the afternoon. We could no longer tolerate the pricey buffet and the waiters finally brought us another cheaper menu. I ordered a chicken sandwich (5 PEN) at last and wondered, "Why didn't you give us the menu in the first place? It must be a scam."
After we returned back to Arequipa, I separated the way with Chris and Tina and I continued to check the bus ticket in the travel agency. Eventually, I decided to go to Chile for one more time. I will take the bus to the border city Tacna in Peru in the early morning, then will change to take the Colectivo to Arica.
At night, there was no hot water in the bathroom and I took one very cold shower......It's freezing!!!!!!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment