• Day 41: Lima, Peru



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    The total bus ride of yesterday was around 30 hours, which made my back feel so sore again, as well as my knee. I could not wait to get my feet back on the land. 

    When I was on the bus, I checked the email and got to know that Alex was also arriving at Lima today. Therefore, I asked her to meet up maybe in the night time. When the bus finally arrived at the Cruz del Sur bus station, I immediately took the taxi back to the hostel to take shower.

    People could play volleyball on the street
    When I realized I would not have enough time in South America, I really wanted to taste the delicious seafood rice again. Accordingly, I chose the restaurant "Punto Azul", which is recommended by Lonely Planet. It is truly a famous restaurant as I saw roughly 20 people were already waiting outside at that moment. While I was only on my own, I thus went to another restaurant on the same street. They offered many types of seafood rice on the menu, and I ordered one with fish and calamari. It was cooked with the yellowish creamy sauce. The taste was okay but it was not as impressive as those I had tried previously. This one was more like risotto.

    This seafood rice tasted so like risotto
    After lunch I walked to the sea side alone, and I saw a big shopping mall which built on the cliff. There are many big chain American restaurants, but I was already so full. I eventually bought an ice-cream and enjoy it on the sea side for a little while. Actually I do not find Lima as bad as everyone said, perhaps they are not city person! The seaside of Lima is very relaxing, benches are placed on the path along the seaside. There are also parks for people to take rest. Plus many people play paragliding on the sky, it is really fun to just watch.

    The seaside of Miraflores
    The fitness equipment in the public park of Miraflores
    I do not know whether it was the seafood rice or the ice-cream, my stomach started to hurt again. I could just go back to the hostel, took some rest and checked the email. But Alex has not replied me yet, I guess I need not wait for her today. 

    At around 5:30 p.m., I went back to the seaside to watch sunset and then off to the supermarket to buy food for dinner! Time flies so fast here in South America, tomorrow will be my last day here......

    Sunset in Lima
    Sunset in Lima

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong