Chinese Version / 中文版本
Last night I had been through hell again, as I unexpectedly had intestinal spasm. My stomach hadn't felt very well already, that's why I took one pill before going to sleep. Then I woke up at 6 in the morning because my stomach hurt so badly. I felt so helpless, since this was the only medicine I had that could cure intestinal spasm.
When I thought of the 10-hr jeep ride to Zhangmu today, I felt so frustrated and thought, "Why doesn't it come sooner or later, but on the day I need to travel?" It's just the same as last time, the night before I took the flight to Chile, I got intestinal spasm out of the blue. Only two words could describe my situation: Bad Luck!
Before starting our trip, we went to have breakfast first. I was still forced to eat a little, though it couldn't help. When I got on the jeep, I took the pill one more time and planned to sleep till I arrived at Zhangmu.
![]() |
| The beautiful scene I saw when I woke up |
When we were ready to leave Lhasa, my medicine got effective that I felt very drowsy. Then Chloe and I fell asleep together. When we woke up, we were squeezed to the door. We discovered that the Shanghai guy squeezed us to the side while we were sleeping. Gosh, how come we always met this kind of obnoxious people? How a guy could be such as a churl?
![]() |
| Himalayas Mountains Range |
![]() |
| Cows parade |
Five hours later, my intestinal spasm got completely healed. At that moment, I chose to listen to my iPod and appreciated the stunning scenery on the way. When we drove close to the Himalayas Mountains Range, the driver even let us get out of the car and took photos. This was the same route to Mt. Everest Base Camp. Though I did not get a chance to go to Mt. Everest this time, I did not regret at all as the landscapes also blew my mind away. Perhaps next time, if I ever get a chance to visit Tibet again, I will surely go to Mt. Everest and of course Ngari!
![]() |
| Tibetan houses |
![]() |
| The flying sutra flags |
![]() |
| Sutra flags were everywhere |
Following the high altitude, we arrived at the comparatively lower altitude region - Zhangmu, where we will stay for tonight! When we entered to Zhangmu, it was raining cats and dogs, very annoying! Moreover, the driver recommended us a guesthouse which had very bad service (That Shanghai guy had to make every decision but grumbled about the price, that was extremely irritating! I wished I could yell at him with all the dirty words I knew at that time!)
Then we put our stuff in our rooms, but then my iPod with a red case was nowhere to be found. I searched the whole jeep for over 10 times with the girlfriend of that Shanghai guy, from the driver seat to the seat where the Tibetan travel guide had, to no avail. In conclusion, we all guessed the Tibetan travel guide stole it, when we were taking photos on the way, as he never got off from the car.
![]() |
| Himalayas Mountains Range again |
Firstly, I didn't force him to find it for me. It's all his idea to go and please don't solely get bad-tempered at me! Secondly, I searched the jeep for many times. His girlfriend could be the witness. How come he could find it but not us, I could only tell the Tibetan guy put it back there afterwards. Did he think that we got so blind that we couldn't see the red iPod? Lastly, it was raining heavily outside. He was just being stupid for not bringing an umbrella with him? It had nothing to do with me, he could just blame himself for being such an idiot!!! Seriously!!!
Because of him, I was so pissed off for the whole night. In addition to the itchy bed sheets and the flying bugs all around, I can officially say that "Zhangmu is my least favorite place in Tibet"!
![]() |
| Deserted highway |
![]() |
| Rainbow cloud |














0 comments:
Post a Comment