• Day 14: Pokhara, Nepal



    Chinese Version/ 中文版本

    The weather of today was very bad. After we finished breakfast, we went to compare prices at every travel agency in Pokhara to make plan for today. Eason was so keen to go paragliding today, but 10 out of 10 companies said that today's weather was not suitable for paragliding. At first we thought of staying one more day in Pokhara, and waited for tomorrow to go paragliding. However, it's rainy season in Nepal now. If tomorrow was gloomy weather again, we would completely waste one day here for nothing. Therefore, we were forced to give up paragliding for this trip.

    A woman, seen on our way to Phewa Lake
    Although the plan of paragliding got called off, we joined another activity which is on the must-do plan of traveling in Nepal - rafting! In fact, I am so not a fan of any exciting activity, and I don't like thrill rides nor water activity the most. Whereas I am traveling with 2 friends who I am not very familiar with, it will be so unreasonable for me to ask them to give it up with me as well. So I give rafting a try. Besides, the price of this trip includes food and accommodation in Chitwan, as well as jungle adventure in the national park. It sounds pretty awesome to join, that we don't need to make plans for the following 2 days. 

    A cow seen on the way back to the hotel in the residential area
    We (besides me) felt quite sulky because of no paragliding today, that Eason decided to take nap in the room for the afternoon. On the other hand, Chloe and I decided to walk to Phewa Lake. Actually I did not understand why Eason took nap every day, especially there must be mandatory power outage every afternoon in Nepal, which made me extra reluctant to stay in the stuffy room for any longer. 

    So, Chloe and I followed the main street to walk to the lake. We did also go into some souvenir shops when we saw some. The most impressive moment was that we were trying out clothes at a shop, then as always, we negotiated the price with the owner. She insisted her offered price and said, "My husband will beat me when I get home." Our heart got soften and we bought it at her price eventually. When we kept on walking, I thought, "When she said that out, she looked totally emotionless. If she told every one the same thing just because she wanted to earn more, I would be really irritated by her manipulation. But if what she said was true, then her life sucked to the max and I would have a lot of sympathy for her." In order not to over analyze, I decided to do crazy shopping to soothe my mood. 

    Goats, seen on the way back to the hotel in the residential area
    Around 30 minutes later, we arrived at the side of Phewa Lake. Though the rain stopped already, it was still cloudy over the top of Annapurna Mountains. If the weather was sunnier, we could see the mountain reflection on the surface of the lake! 

    We stayed by the lake for a little while, then we decided to go back to the hotel. However, Chloe did not want to follow the road we just walked. Instead, we found a new road and walked into the residential area with our sense of direction and intuition. I liked this idea so much that I still remember when I was in college, I did try to go on an adventure with my friend to decide the direction by playing paper, scissors, rock. They are the very similar idea and much more adventurous than paragliding in my opinion. 

    Since it's not a straight road and we took the wrong turns for several times on the way, we went back to the hotel after an hour. When we saw our hotel signboard, I wanted to cry out my excitement. And it proved that all road led to Rome (Though we were not in Italy).

    The beautiful scene of Phewa Lake
    After dark, we rented 2 bikes to go to one recommended restaurant near the lake. Then we went back to pack for our rafting trip tomorrow!!!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong