Chinese Version / 中文版本
Don't know if it was the ice cream or the food in India was too dirty, I woke up and went to the toilet for several times last night. Comparing to the
diarrhea incident in Chile, it was not less unbearable this time. Therefore, I did not have appetite and did not dare to have appetite in the morning. Not only I was the weakest one, it also happened on Chloe this time. She did wake up for a few times last night and had diarrhea as well. Even though Eason ate the super
filthy grilled chicken on the first night we arrived at India, his stomach did not hurt for once. He even said with a smug smile on his face that he rarely had stomach ache. I just wondered who got severe stomach ache in
Lake Namtso last time huh?
 |
| The magnificent Amber Fort |
 |
| The other side of Amber Fort |
Despite my stomach ache was not fully healed in the morning, we still needed to hurry ourselves to visit the famous sight of Jaipur - Amber Fort. Amber Fort was built on the hill. To get to the entrance, we could either take the elephant taxi or walk on foot. Unfortunately, Chole's and my stomachs started to hurt again. Before we got to make a choice, we had to find a public toilet to get things done first. (The public toilet was not free, there're no sitting toilet nor toilet paper)
 |
| Elephant taxi |
When everything got solved, we officially started to climb to the top. Don't know if we didn't eat breakfast or we spent too much energy in the toilet, Chloe and I almost collapsed when we were climbing the staircases. It should have been taken 20 minutes, yet we ended up spending 45 minutes to finish as we just couldn't resist to take some rest on the way.
In order to save some money, Chloe and I lined for the entrance ticket separately, since I planned on taking her student ID to buy the student ticket. Whereas, the ticket staff really read her card. So I showed my Home Permit Return Card instead and they couldn't read it anyway and the result, of course was very successful! Stomach ache could never affect my saving cost instinct!
 |
| The stair we struggle for a very long time |
Chloe and I were so weak that we had to save up some energies in the front door first, so Eason went inside to visit alone. When he came out, it's my turn to go inside, but Chloe still couldn't make it. Hence I followed the crowd and walked for a bit. But then my stomach began to hurt again, I couldn't help but took some rest under the pavilion for a while.
After I got better, I started to head back to meet up with them. At that moment, I noticed that my Simpsons handkerchief was lost. Meanwhile, Eason came and hurried me to leave because Chloe's stomach hurt crazily. Why our life became so pathetic? Just tell me why?
 |
| Ganesh Pol |
 |
| Painting on Ganesh Pol |
 |
| When we were resting |
 |
| Two weak poor people |
 |
| The garden inside Amber Fort |
 |
| Overlooking Jaipur city |
 |
| Zoom in to Jaipur city |
 |
| Peeking from inside |
 |
| The pavilion where my stomach started to hurt suddenly |
 |
| The other side of Amber Fort |
The driver drove us to have lunch when we finished the tour of Amber Fort. Initially, I was reluctant to eat. I was so afraid my stomach would hurt again. However, if I did not eat, there would be no chance to eat later or I would starve to death. So I ordered a tandoori for lunch. It tasted okay, at least better than the first meal we had in India.
After lunch, we went to tour around the city center of Jaipur. Jaipur is called The Pink City, because the houses in the city center were all painted in pink color. But in my opinion, it looked rather like dark orange or brown color. Since 4-wheel vehicle was prohibited in some part of the city center, we had to walk on foot for the next 3 sightseeing places within these few hours.
 |
| The lake palace seen on the way to Jaipur city center from Amber Fort |
 |
| The facade of Hawa Mahal |
 |
| The little window inside Hawa Mahal |
The first sight was Hawa Mahal. The facade of Hawa Mahal looks like a shield with many windows. It took us around 10 minutes to go from the outside to the front entrance. However, the weather was too burning hot that it felt like we did walk for half hour. This time, Eason gave up visiting and rested with Chloe instead. I walked from the bottom to the top of Hawa Mahal, where I could overview Jantar Mantar from aside. It was so beautiful that I immediately forced those 2 lazy bums to walk to Jantar Mantar with me, when they completely indulged themselves on the bench.
 |
| Overlooking Jantar Mantar |
 |
| The inside of Hawa Mahal |
 |
| The inside of Hawa Mahal |
 |
| The inside of Hawa Mahal |
 |
| The inside of Hawa Mahal |
Although Jantar Mantar is just right next to Hawa Mahal, the front entrance is actually located so far away. When we finally walked to the entrance, I felt like I was dead already. But I kept on encouraging myself, if I did not miss any sightseeing place, I would have no regret. With no regret, there would be no more reasons for me to go back to India. It is an unprecedentedly negative travel attitude I have ever had, it can tell how disgusted I felt by India!
We just quickly walked around Jantar Mantar and couldn't wait to be back to our car. We ended up missing the City Palace too, but we did no longer care.
 |
| Geometric devices in Jantar Mantar |
 |
| The biggest geometric devices |
 |
| The biggest geometric devices |
Our tour of today ended at around 3 in the afternoon. We didn't go straight back to hotel but asked the driver to take us to the big mall outside of the city center. The driver negotiated with us again, that he wouldn't take us back to the hotel later. We agreed after all, as I did not want to deal with him anymore.
We ran our errands in the mall, which were buying contact lens solution, visiting the toilet, buying clothes and having afternoon snack. Then we went back to the city center by a Tuk Tuk to search for power strip. Our shopping spree ended in the evening and eventually went back to the hotel to take some long-needed rest.
0 comments:
Post a Comment