Chinese Version / 中文版本
Because of our limited time, we could not go to another famous color city of Rajasthan - Udaipur (The white city). Instead, we went to another desert city - Pushkar. The bus ride from Jodhpur to Pushkar took around 3 or 4 hours. Before we began leaving, we had bought some crackers to be our breakfast. When we arrived at Pushkar, it was already 1 in the afternoon. This time, we only checked prices with 2 hotels. Finally, we chose one with hot shower water, AC but no WIFI.
 |
| Pushkar |
At lunch hour, we decided to eat in the hotel's restaurant. It should be called the kitchen of the hotel, because the table we sat was surrounded by a lot of raw ingredients and food. Also, we could see the chef cooking on the stoves beside us. In addition to the high transparency of the kitchen, we finally got to realize why they took such a long time to make the dishes here in India, as they could not multitask. They had to finish cooking the orders one by one! In my honest opinion, the pasta that I ordered was quite tasty and authentic comparing to the food I have tried in India so far. Hopefully, my stomach won't hurt after eating this dish!
In the afternoon, the driver introduced a camel riding sales to us. After negotiation, we finally chose them. Not because they were cheap, but we were so tired of bargain for everything already. They would arrange someone to pick us up at around 4 p.m.. While waiting in the room, we just took a nap and then read some book to kill time.
Originally, we thought they would pick us up with a car. But then we saw 3 big camels were laying on the ground already. I still remember the first time I ever rode a camel was in Dubai. At that time, I shared a camel with my friend. Whenever the camel stood up or laid down, we would scream our lung out as the same amount of centrifugal force was applied as we played roller coaster. Unfortunately, the camel just walked for a circle last time. To make up for this regret, this time would better be a long ride.
 |
| The cocky camel I rode |
 |
| The mouth of a camel looked super disgusting |
After I sat on the seat on the camel's back, the camel rider gave the order for the camel to stand up by a whistle. The centrifugal force was so strong that I almost got torn away if I did not grabbed my seat tightly. Before we got used to sitting on the camel, the rider already pulled the camels to move and we were slowly leaving the hotel and heading to the desert. The camel which I rode was very similar to
the horse I rode in Bolivia, they both were very much distracted by trees while walking. For several times, the tree branches almost scratched my face. The road to the desert was quite bumpy, we even passed through some rocky grounds and small scale water streams. However, our camels did not slow down but decided to jump through it. It immediately scared the hell out of me.
 |
| The camels got so bored of waiting us |
 |
| The incomplete sunset |
Two hours later, the camels dropped us in the middle of the desert (please don't imagine it was a brimless desert like those in the Middle East; we could see trees planted in the one we went). Then we took some rest for like half hour.
Before sunset, we had to go back to the hotel. In the return ride, the rider no longer pulled the camel but climbed on the back of it. The scariest thing was that he suddenly accelerated the speed of the camel. Without any notice, I nearly got frightened to death.
In the end, we all arrived at the hotel in one piece. And we finished today's trip by having a vegetarian dinner in the city center at night. Pushkar is a vegetarian city!
 |
| The temple we saw in the city center |
 |
| The rooftop next to our restaruant |
0 comments:
Post a Comment