• Day 4: Mendoza, Argentina



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    Argentina was not a part of my original plan. However, the Hong Kong guy I met in Chile told me it was easier for Hong Kong people to get to the Bolivian border from Argentina, that's why today I took the 6-hr bus all the way from Santiago to Mendoza, a small city in the west of Argentina. During the 6-hr bus ride, I slept for as much as 5 hours, then spent half hour to wait for the customs, and an other half hour to take photos of the spectacular scenery of Andes.

    Andes- waiting to pass through the tunnel
    Andes
    The quality of South American buses was very good. Despite I carried a lot of things, I still found the seat very spacious. Also they provided meals for the passengers, no wonder the bus ticket was that pricey.

    Border crossing
    Upon arrival to the bus station in Mendoza, I shared a cab with 2 American girls, as we all had not looked for a place to stay in advance. We then checked out the one recommended by Lonely Planet and its name was Hostel Independencia. It is conveniently located next to Plaza Independencia. There's a garden on the ground floor and many rooms on the second floor. The only one disadvantage is that perhaps the bathroom hides behind the kitchen on the ground floor and is very hard to find.

    Espaguetis con salsa de tomate
    Av San Martin
    Afterwards, I wandered around the city center, namely to Paseo Sarmiento to buy a mini torch for the up-coming Salar trip. Then it was time for dinner. There seemed to be more choices in the Argentinian restaurants than those in Chile. I finally chose my favorite spaghetti with tomato sauce, in order to wash off the meaty meals I had had before.

    Tonight ended with a stroll in Plaza Independencia, because there was a big market surrounding the whole plaza. Many stores of jewelry, leather goods, painting, etc. just opened to welcome the night, and I could finally see the bustle night life in South America.

    Not tasty ice cream
    Av San Martin at night
    Plaza Independencia
    Although I slept a lot on the bus, I still felt very sleepy after dinner. Should sleep more tonight and be ready for the bicycle ride tomorrow!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong