Chinese Version / 中文版本
After the sleepless nightmare of last night, I made up my mind again, that I would move back to Di Angolo Hostel today, at least I could take a hot shower to withstand the coldness. As expected, there was no hot water in the shower room today, again. Therefore, I didn't even have the free breakfast and checked out from the hostel immediately.
The owner of Sunny Lake was so caring that he unceasingly asked me why I would leave that early. I said I was going to Tirana today. And then he insisted that there was still plenty of time. And then I made up some excuse that I needed to go to the post office and maybe walked around and stuff, he still patiently showed me the direction to the post office. At that moment, I felt quite bad to lie to him. Nonetheless, the facts of no hot water and the freezing night were reasonable enough to make me leave. Sorry, maybe next time, if there's hot water or a more powerful heater, that would make me come stay again.
Then I went back to the Di Angolo, the waitress was so surprised to see me one more time. She asked why I would show up in the early morning and I thought she kind of suspected me changing hostel yesterday. So I said I was just back from Bitola and she bought that, perhaps. OMG, I hate lying so much. How come I just couldn't tell them the ruthless truth???
![]() |
| The shopping street in Bitola |
![]() |
| Didn't know my favorite Fornetti had a franchise in Macedonia |
The hot shower in Di Angolo was so cozy that it immediately perked up my mood of today, despite I didn't sleep well last night. Then I took the taxi to the bus station and changed the bus to Bitola. Once I hopped on the bus, I quickly fell into my deep slumber.
When I woke up, I already arrived at Bitola's main bus station. The return bus schedule was not very frequent, it was either 5 p.m. nor 7 p.m.. Therefore, I might need to either walk around real quick in the city and then back to the bus station, or stroll around slowly until 7 p.m.. Couldn't believe that other than the hostels, the bus schedule could still be a dilemma to me in Macedonia.
![]() |
| Spidey popsicle |
![]() |
| They're literally EVERYWHERE in the world, no jokes |
![]() |
| Heading to the old bazaar |
The bus station of Bitola, once again, is located far away from the city center. Whereas the walk to the center was not hard, I could easily get there without asking for direction. Bitola is not a popular city, I came here to visit is solely due to the postcard I had received and the sender said it was a good place.
There is a main shopping street in the center and many cafes on the sides. Towards the end of the shopping street, there are a tall clock tower and some mosques, nothing special and nothing more. Hence, I decided I would catch the 5 p.m. bus to go back to Ohrid, after I briskly wandered the old bazaar and the nearby churches.
![]() |
| If the weather was better, the snowy mountain on the back could be very scenic |
![]() |
| The main shopping street |
![]() |
| Clock tower |
When I got back to Ohrid, the sky was already getting dark. Since I still had plenty of time before having dinner, I decided not to take the taxi and walked back to the old town instead. But I didn't have a map with me, I eventually walked for more than an hour just to get back to the old town. The distance was indeed longer that I had assumed.
After dinner, I went back to that once-pissed-me-off-as-hell room. However, this time I owned it all by myself when there was no one sharing with me. While I was tidying up my messy stuff, someone knocked on the door. I opened it and saw R. He came all the way from Kotor today and the most surprising thing was that I just sent him a message during dinner and then BOOM, he was standing in front of me. The world is incredibly small, literally!
![]() |
| Ugly building series: Hotel something |
![]() |
| Back to the bus station |
![]() |
| A swing with a back was way better than the one I used to play when I was small |
I abandoned my stuff and went out for a walk with him. He told me a lot of things of Kotor (it didn't rain) and I told him what had been happening to me after he left Pristina. It was very nice to meet him back in Ohrid. Unfortunately I am leaving tomorrow, otherwise it will be happier to venture this city with him instead of that ahem....my previous inconsiderate roommate.
A night with a hot shower and a good travel companion, what more can I ask for?



















0 comments:
Post a Comment