• Day 14: Moscow, Russia



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    Today is the final one full day to travel around Moscow, therefore I must cherish my time here and go somewhere I haven't been before. In spite of the sunny blue sky, the temperature was still insanely freezing. I couldn't expose in the outdoor for a long time. So I just planned to go to 3 places today. If I still had time, I would perhaps go some more places. 

    The first stop of today was Izmailovsky Market, since I wanted to buy vintage camera or other vintage stuff so badly. This market is not located in the city center, hence I needed to take the metro to Partizanskaya station. It was not that inconvenient, as I could take the blue line from Arbat station, no transit needed. From Partizanskaya station, there was still some distance to go to the entrance of the park. And entrance fee of the park was 10 RUB, and an old babushka collected it in front of the gate.

    Arbat station
    On the way to Izmailovsky Market
    I believed the snow could eventually cover up the tree
    Unfortunately, today is the Orthodox Christmas Day, meaning many stores are closed. The flea market was not small, but it looked very empty with few people around, made it more deserted. I was very disappointed as well. My dream to find some cheap camera was completely disillusioned, let alone the chance to buy some other souvenirs. I wandered around for some time, hoping to see more stores would open, but those opened stores were not attractive at all. When I began to leave, I saw an antique store that sold vintage cameras. Nevertheless, the price was crazily expensive. I dare to say that there must be many cheaper ones I can find on eBay. At that moment, I was so regretful that I didn't buy any in Ukraine. Everything in Ukraine was so much cheaper.

    The entrance of Izmailovsky Market
    Furs store
    Izmailovsky Market
    I didn't know where it was
    The metro station in Moscow is like a museum
    Touch the dog's head, and you will be lucky
    Afterwards, I continued to go to the second place of today - Moscow State University. The reason of going to this place is because I am a big fan of the Stalin's cake architecture style. And there are 7 notable Stalin's cake skyscrapers namely Seven Sisters in Moscow. Sadly, I don't have enough time to go to all 7 of them in this trip. I just chose 2 easily accessible ones to go. 

    Whereas Moscow State University is not close to the metro station, I needed to walk around 30 minutes to go to the university campus. In summer, 30 minutes is nothing. But in winter, 30 minutes is like hell. In addition, there's no indoor place that I could hide myself from the cold on the way. In the end, I struggled for 30 minutes in the freezing weather and unceasingly encouraged myself not to give up, as if I were taking part in the marathon.

    On the way to Moscow State University, it's like a never-ending road
    Still not there
    C
    This is a real snowman
    Finally there~~~
    The ice trees and the campus
    Sunset on the way back to the metro station
    After a quick walk in the campus, I couldn't wait but sped up my pace to go back to the metro station. And the next stop was Gorky Park. By the time I arrived at Gorky Park, the sun set in the west already. On the way from the metro station to the park entrance, I saw a kid who slipped on the icy road and couldn't get back up and then fell on the ground again. I admit I was pretty evil that I was laughing at him at that time. The picture indeed looked very hilarious, yet when I walked on the same road, I suddenly felt that slippery sense from my feet. In order not to embarrass myself, I was super vigilant and walked super slowly on the ice. When I got to Gorky Park, I saw many people were ice-skating inside. I immediately wondered, "They basically walk on the ice every day, how come they still have that time for and that interest in ice-skating?"

    On the icy road to Gorky Park
    Sunset in Gorky Park
    People were happily ice-skating in the park
    The entrance of Gorky Park
    Luckily I didn't get frostbites
    Actually, I had planned to go inside the park. However, the park was totally outdoor. In such extremely freezing weather, I couldn't risk my life and decided to leave after taking several photos. Since the sky was getting darker, I decided to end the day by going back to the Red Square. I didn't directly go back, but chose to walk along Tverskaya St. This street was very vibrant and full of cafes and stores. In the end, my crazy shopping mode was turned on and I could finally find the shoes and the skirt here in Moscow which I had been vainly looking for in Hong Kong. Moscow is my place!!!

    Tverskaya St.
    Tverskaya St.
    Love the Christmas tree
    Subconsciously, I walked back to Red Square again
    Taken from Bol. Moskvoretskly Bridge
    Another Seven Sister
    One last shoot of St. Basil's Cathedral
    P.S. In these two days, I got the chance to indulge myself in the hot chocolate of Duncan Donuts. Although the price was ridiculously expensive, I still splurged on it whenever I had chance, especially in such horribly cold weather. I love Moscow, so so much!
    Communist!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong