
Chinese Version / 中文版本
Because of that Cuban guy (the one who always flirted with Gal), I took the shared taxi to Havana which was recommended by him in this morning. I was told they would come pick me up at 7:30 a.m., but the driver came earlier and forced me to leave at 7 a.m. instead. I was pretty mad that I could not have the last breakfast with Gal.
The driver arranged me to sit in the front and a pair of Spanish speaking couple sat at the back. When the driver started to sped up the car, I closed my eyes and went back to my dream immediately. But the driver drove too fast that I woke up for several times on the way. Almost an hour later, we passed by a small village. There were a bunch of people on the road, but our driver seemed to be selectively blind that he continued to accelerate the vehicle and ignored the people. As a result, an old man could not make it to the side on time and his bags crushed the rear mirror of our car. Our driver was being infuriated out of the blue and got off from the car to blame the old man. They argued for a really long time and I could barely sit in the car to wait for their infinite quarrel to end.
At last, a policeman came to resolve the problem. Our driver required the old man to compensate the loss of the rear mirror. To be honest, most of the Cuban people can not afford the necessity of their everyday life, where can he get the money to pay for it?. Also, I thought the driver was doing wrong, when he could obviously see there were people and he still did not reduce the speed. He was the one being so irresponsible and the old man was just his scapegoat to put on all the blames. If I could speak Spanish, if it was my familiar place, I already shouted at him! What a jerk!
| A plaza in the center district |
After the accident, we waited for another hour until the driver returned to the car. I did not dare to sleep again, was scared if he would crush the car to the tree next time. In the end, the original 4-hr ride was extended be 5-hr. I was even hungrier with my empty stomach. When I went back to Ronlando's Backpacker, I swallowed, almost did not chew, every snacks in my bag at once. And then caught up the lost time to do the sightseeing in the city.
The main target of today was The National Museum of Fine Arts of Havana (5 CUC). Big bag and camera are not allowed to bring in to the museum, but they can be stored in the ticket office for free. The museum has 4 floors, the staff suggested me to start from the top floor. I couldn't believe there were many art pieces from European artists. The most impressive one is the Egyptian section on the third floor, where has a mummy intact in a coffin. When the first time I saw a complete mummy in the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, I felt super thrilled. Today, I saw a mummy in Cuba, it was even more incredible! Besides the Egyptian section, there are many Greek statues and potteries in the museum. Though I was not very interested, I was truly impressed by the unbelievable collections at the museum!
![]() |
| The book store in the park |
I followed the path on the right to another souvenirs street after the hurry visit of the museum. This street is full of souvenir shops and galleries. I really wanted to buy something, but I knew it would be difficult to get through the U.S. customs when I go to Boston later. Thus, I just suppressed my eagerness no matter how tempting it was.
Then I walked to the end of the street and saw many antiques vendors in the park next to the sea. There were many antique pins which I really liked. But they were sold at tourist price. In the end, I bought one cheap but beautiful pin and it seemed to be my only souvenir from Cuba!
When there was still some time until sunset, I sat on the bench in the park and wrote some postcards. It was such a great pleasure to watch the Cuban children playing with dogs while I was writing!
![]() |
| The kid was playing with the dog in the park or forcing a dog to play with him?!? |
In the evening, I returned to the Malecón to watch the sunset. Meanwhile, a really annoying Cuban guy came and talked to me by my side. He was such an idiot to guess where I was from, when I did not give him any response nor reaction. You thought he would just leave me alone? Nope, he sat next to me all along. Oh god, how come Cuban guy could be such a nuisance??? At last, the sunset was not completed because of the clouds. And the Cuban guy did not get anything from me. I am sorry, I just needed some solitary time for myself! Or perhaps he should learn that people need privacy!!!
![]() |
| This kid with the implicit smile was so cute |
At night, I went back to the hostel and kept on writing postcards. Then the Irish girls came back from Viñales. In fact, they stayed at Viñales for 3 whole days and did not go to Trinidad in the end. Later I got to know they were flying to Mexico City tomorrow, and they will also stay at Hostel Amigo, what a small world! We will definitely meet up with each other!
Later that night, Q also came back. As usual, we spent our time on the balcony at night. Ronlando's son Ronlando Jr. joined us this time and we stayed until midnight. (Don't know if it's because of the hot weather, Ronlando Jr. always wears a small white tank top walking around. I just wonder if he knows how many girls are in awe of his obvious muscular body with his pretty face when they stay here!!!) Alina also made a warmhearted English tea for me! Eventually, the night ended with a Russian poker cards that I taught them how to play Big 2, what a happy moment!
I could not fall asleep in bed. I did not know whether it's the tea or this Cuban trip was unexpectedly happy. I really did not want to go back to Mexico!!!![]() |
| This kid popped up all of a sudden, almost scared me to death |
![]() |
| An incomplete sunset on the last day |










0 comments:
Post a Comment