Chinese Version / 中文版本
The danger of taking night bus is not the scary accident, but the inconsiderate passenger who sits next to you. Yesterday I sat next to this guy, his elbow was firmly put on the arm handle between us. His elbow could touch my waist, which made me feel so uncomfortable. Later I felt asleep, but then I was woken up by his elbow every half hour. In the midnight I became ridiculously short-tempered, I then placed my coke bottle near his elbow, and was too naive to think that his elbow would not infringe upon my waist anymore. However, his elbow kept on pushing the coke bottle and the coke bottle continuously pushed my waist while I was sleeping. I was so irritated that I pretended I was sleeping and then pushed his elbow out of the handle vigorously. Because there were people getting off the bus on the way, at around 4 a.m. the man gave in and moved to another seat. This 6-hr bus rebellion had a huge success in the end!
The bus arrived at Oaxaca bus station at 6 in the morning.Then I changed to take the local bus to the hostel. The enthusiastic Mexican brought me on the right bus again, and asked the driver to call me out when I got there. It feels so good to take any transportation in Mexico, as the local people are willing to make nice arrangement for you everywhere. There was already traffic jam on the main street in front of the bus station. Then I found out the road was designed to be in S shape, meaning every vehicles had to change direction after the traffic lights, from the left lane to the right lane, vice versa......until the end of the road. No wonder it took that long time to solve the traffic jam problem. Seriously, who invented this absurd road design?
The hostel I am staying tonight is Casa Angel Hostel. Although it claims to be working 24-hr, it took a very long while for a very sleepy guy to open the door for me. I was then told the check-in time was 11 a.m., but I still had jet-lag and was still so tired. So I paid for the previous night and raced to the room at once. When I woke up, it was already 12 at noon!
In the afternoon, I had lunch at a touristy restaurant next to the cathedral. The food quality was unexpectedly good. I ordered a dish of spicy tomato ribs, the taste was very similar to the Pot Kebab I had tried in Turkey, both were unforgettably delicious!
After lunch I just continued to wander around the city center. I went to the big market nearby. There were many stores selling my favorite leather sandals and leather bags. In the end, I bought a pair of sandals and one bag. The story of buying the bag was quite funny, as I asked the owner if there was a new one in stock. She did not understand English, so she gave me 30 pesos discount automatically. I told her I was not bargaining with her, I just wanted a brand new one. She still did not get it and reduced 30 pesos more to me. In the end, I performed a long silent drama to explain to her, then she realized and told me there was only one left. At last, I bought the bag at a very cheap price!
 |
| The terrific spicy tomato ribs |
 |
| The street vendors near the cathedral |
 |
| Dried jalapeño |
 |
| Patriotic star |
 |
| Disgusting animal organs |
 |
| Lovely puppy |
 |
| Handmade leather bag |
 |
| This kid was feeding himself and the pigeons at the same time |
 |
| Catedral de Oaxaca |
 |
| The interior of the cathedral of Oaxaca |
 |
| The colorful candles inside the cathedral |
 |
| My favorite beetle |
 |
| The quiet street scene in Oaxaca |
 |
| Iglesia de Santo Domingo |
 |
| The stunning ceiling of the church |
 |
| The figure on the wall of the church |
 |
| The interior of Iglesia de Santo Domingo |
Also, she cares so much of safety. When she knew I took the night bus to Oaxaca, she then spent more than 10 minutes to lecture me that I should not have taken the risk, by nonstop threatening me the consequence of taking night bus in a very bad tone. Therefore, I was coerced to change my plan and would take the day bus back to Mexico City the day after tomorrow, in order to shut her mouth at once.
When we went out to find restaurant at night, she warned me again that going out at night was dangerous. At that precise moment, I really wanted to ask her, "Then why are we going out now? We can actually starve to death in the hostel if going out at night is THAT dangerous!" Of course I did not say it out loud and just put her off by nodding my head.
She told me she did not want to eat at the expensive restaurant, so I took her to the food market I had gone in the afternoon. She was so not satisfied with it and complained it was dirty and smoky with oil and said, "I don't want to say no. If you insist on eating at this place, I can keep you company, but I want to let you know that I am reluctant to do so!" I was in shocked after hearing her unbelievable response,. What could I actually say?
Hence we left the food market and looked for other food to eat. We walked pass some taco vendors on the street. I dared not to propose taco to her because it was outside on the street and I was not interested in eating taco. Out of expectation, she proactively suggested to eat taco for the night. I had no idea that the food market was actually dirtier than the street! And the oil they used in making taco was fewer than those in the market!
In order to take revenge on her, I rejected her suggestion in no time. Plus I was not the one being hungry, see who couldn't wait! At last, we went to a fancy looking restaurant and the price was not cheap at all. I wanted to know again, what was expensive in her mind? During dinner time, she kept on bragging her consulate job, and then scolded me for bringing her to the food market, blah blah blah......
 |
| Poor food market was rejected by that ABV |
Fortunately we did not stay in the same room at night. I planned to go to bed after a quick hot shower, yet I met her in the bathroom again. She invited me to have dinner with her tomorrow, and I......I.........unexpectedly.....accept....... her invitation. What the heck was on my mind? Was I nuts? I so regret it now......
0 comments:
Post a Comment