• Day 6: Monte Alban, Mexico



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    Today I slept in and missed the free breakfast of the hostel. Therefore, I decided to have a big breakfast before going to Monte Alban. Monte Alban is a Mayan ruins located 10 km west of Oaxaca. Tourists can buy the bus ticket (50 MXN) at Rivera del Angel Hotel in Oaxaca city, and there is a bus departing every one hour. The entrance of the ruins is located on the slope from where the bus driver will drop you off. The entrance fee is 57 MXN, and the museum is right next to the ticket office.

    Big breakfast
    After visiting the museum, I continued to walk to the ruins outside regardless of the gloomy weather.  I really wanted to know why the Mayan staircases were built that high? I spent all of my energy just to climb up to the top of the platform. When I reached the top, it started to rain cats and dogs. My umbrella could barely resist the heavy rain, so I stood under a tree to take shelter from the rain. The rain stopped after half hour. I then grabbed my chance to finish my visit when there was no rain. Nonetheless, it became to be sunny again. The weather here in Oaxaca is as freaky as women, so strange!

    The exhibit in the museum of Monte Alban
    When I got back to the hostel, I took some rest and waited for that ABV to come back for our second dinner date. At around 7 at night, she was still not back. I really wanted to just leave but then she stood in front of the door already. I was compelled to leave with her to the restaurant next to our hostel. I ordered a dish of mushroom and chicken with red wine sauce, except it tasted a little bit of the vinegar sourness I wasn't quite fond of, this dish tasted quite good!

    System IV
    Pyramid in the rain
    System IV
    Freaky weather


























    Overlooking Oaxaca 
    Mayan Stadium
    Mint Tea
    Cheesecake
    People in Oaxaca also use Apple
    Mushroom and Chicken with red wine sauce
    During dinner, that ABV showed off her consulate job again. I remembered I asked her, "So how to apply for this job?" She then responded dismissively, "You can't! Only U.S. resident and who have good school results can apply for it." Excuse me! Do you mean being U.S. resident is more superior? Or you know my school results can not meet the standard already? When did I say "I" wanted to apply for it? Huh? I was asking you HOW TO APPLY!!!!!! 

    Of course I did not confront with her. The world is so big and I never know if I will be that unlucky to meet her again in the future. After being spiritually tortured by that irritating woman for the entire dinner time, we went back to the hostel to take some rest separately.

    Originally I planned to take the night bus tonight, but my plan got altered because of that woman. Will take the bus in the early morning tomorrow!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong