It seemed not a difficult task to take that 18-hr bus ride, because dinner was served right after the bus started departing Mendoza. Before sleeping, I watched a movie called 'Old Dogs', which was a really bad movie starred by John Travolta. I never knew he would make such bad movie, though it still made me laugh out loud when I had nothing better to do on the bus. I doubted if everyone on the bus heard my consistent laughter.
After I woke up from my dream, the bus already arrived at Salta, where I had feared to go. Por qué? Because not long time ago two French girls were killed there. I was told that they had originally planned to make a hiking trip, so they continuously compared prices among different travel agencies. One travel agency was not chosen, but then decided to take revenge on those two girls. They followed them to the hiking site, and then raped and killed them.
 |
| Plaza 9 de Julio |
In fact, Salta is located in the rural area of Argentina, the local people should be simpler and more honest. Such serious crime happened all of a sudden, the tourism of Salta must be affected pretty badly. This was always why I did not want to go to Salta, but for my salt flat tour, I needed to go to this place no matter what. I chose 7 Duendes Base Hostel this time, and I would be staying in a 4-bed dorm. The feel and the atmosphere were not very good of the room, but it was only for 2 nights, I could not complain more. But the best thing about this hostel was that I could wash my socks, clothes and dry them in the yard.
 |
| Cathedral of Salta |
 |
| Cathedral of Salta |
This hostel is quite distant from Plaza 9 de Julio, where is the famous tourist spot. I bought my favorite ice cream and continued wandering around the plaza. In the evening, the weather obviously got cooler but the city got more bustling after the night came. During dinner, I suddenly felt so bored again (this boredom could only be felt in Argentina and can't be described by words). As a result, I watched the whole 4 sets of men volleyball match in the restaurant to perk up my first night in Salta......
 |
| Cathedral of Salta at night |
On the way back to the hostel, I saw a pet shop. This pet shop does not sell dogs/cats/rabbits/hamsters, but chicken!
 |
| Pet shop |
0 comments:
Post a Comment