Salta is a Spanish word. Sal means salt in English, which we can easily associate that there must be something related to salt in the area. That's right! There is a salt flat as well as a famous place 'Hill of 7 colors' in the province of Salta. But I did not join any tour to visit these places, because firstly I do not want to be stuck in the boring Argentina anymore. Secondly, the price of the tour may be expensive. Thirdly, I am going to the world biggest salt flats in Bolivia, why bother to visit this small one? Therefore, I immediately bought the bus ticket to La Quiaca for tomorrow. In fact, I really wanted to go to the Hill of 7 Colors, but I kept consoling myself that the Bolivian scenery would be 10 times better!!!
 |
| Cable car |
As I needed to be stuck in Salta for one more day, I decided to take the cable car to Cerro San Bernardo. This cable car is similar to those in Ocean Park, they both make some strange noise when they pass by some racks and they are both very slow. It was sad that the weather was gloomy today, the panoramic view of Salta under this weather made it extra dreary.
 |
| Panoramic view of Salta |
 |
| Dog with bad sleeping pose |
After descending back to the ground, I continued to walk aimlessly in the city center again. Besides restaurants, many shops were closed and the streets were so quiet. It was actually the Siesta (nap time), the peaceful street made me assume that it was public holiday again! Because the boredom of Argentina was oozed from my heart, I decided to kill my time in a cafe by getting on the internet. I ordered a cup of hot chocolate and a small piece of cake and sat next to the window. Perhaps the waiter could feel the strong boring ambiance from me, he gave me 2 pieces of cookies for free.
 |
| Cristina renewed her presidency successfully |
It was not easy to wait until dusk, and I needed to run my final errand to prepare for the salt flats tour. In the end, I was able to buy the cheapest thermal cup and the useful power bar after doing so much research on the street. Then I went to the supermarket, as I was cooking my first dinner in South America!
 |
| Beautiful stamps |
Inside the hostel kitchen there were many people, and I also bumped with my three Israeli roommates. They even invited me to watch DVD with them together, however, my marvelous dinner namely Tomato & Potato Soup with Macaroni took me a long while to finish. Eventually, I could not make the DVD night with them. But I met a Swedish girl inside the kitchen, her name was Alex. She will join the tour to Hill of 7 Colors tomorrow and will take the night bus to San Pedro de Atacama in Chile. She will get to Bolivia from there. Later on, she will go to Arica in Chile again, so we exchanged facebook and will meet probably each other again in Arica.
 |
| Iglesia San Francisco |
0 comments:
Post a Comment