• Day 30: Arica, Chile



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    I did not know what was wrong with my stomach. I had diarrhea for the whole night and needed to go down to the toilet every single hour. The pain was similar to gastroenteritis, I thought I was going to faint in the toilet for several times. After the first time I went to the toilet, I took the Trumpet Brand Seirogan, but it was obviously not working . My stomach hurt till 5 in the morning and I was forced to take Panadol instead. It was effective unexpectedly and then I could fall asleep.

    We were all waiting to see the doctor 
    At noon I was woken by others in the large dorm room, but I felt I was still so weak that I decided to go to the emergency room. This was also the beginning of the hell. Firstly, the staff in the emergency room did not speak English. At that moment, my stomach started to hurt again. They seemed really indifferent when I told them I needed to see the doctor. They then collected my passport and let me wait in the reception with other local Chilean people. 

    After roughly 10 minutes, I was called to let them measure my blood pressure, body temperature, etc. After that, it was another painfully long waiting journey. An hour passed, the nurse told me not to worry, as only 5 people were lined before me. Another hour passed, the nurse told me only 3 people were ahead of me. One more hour passed again, the nurse told me only one people left. I could not wait anymore in the hospital. Eyeing all other normal looking Chileans were treated faster than me, I turned my pain into anger. I complained to them and commanded them to give me my passport right away. Eventually, I just bought medicine in the pharmacy opposite to the hospital!

    At night, I did not dare to cook by myself again. I suspected it was caused by the broccoli I cooked. As a result, I just ate a bag of white toast for dinner, so pathetic!


    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong