• Day 32: Arequipa, Peru



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    The schedule of today was very boring, because it's just taking bus taking bus and taking bus. I left the hostel at around 10 in the morning to take the Colectivo back to Tacna in Peru. On the way back with no Ryan by my side, the bus ride seemed extra dull. As per usual, the lines were very long in the Frontier. Luckily there was time difference between Chile and Peru, it was just 11 in the morning when I arrived at Tacna.

    In fact I did struggle for a while in the bus station whether I should take the local bus or the bus of Cruz del Sur. Because the bus of Cruz del Sur would leave at 1 something in the afternoon and I was afraid I would miss the night bus to Paracas, I finally chose to take the local bus back to Arequipa. 

    The bus was indeed very local, there was no air condition plus it had many stops on the way. When the bus stopped, some people even got on and sold snacks and drinks. When I drank and ate too much, I wanted to pee but had no courage to get off the bus when it stopped. At last, I had to endure for the whole 8 hours until I was back to Arequipa. The bus station in Arequipa seemed more heavenly comparing to the Tacna bus station. And what's worse? My legs got so numb when I got off the bus.

    Afterwards, I sped to buy the bus ticket in Cruz del Sur's counter. It will be another 12-hour bus ride! Fortunately, the seat was more comfy and there was free WIFI and exciting bingo on the bus. What a hectic day!

    The sunset I saw at the bus station in Arequipa

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong