Chinese Version / 中文版本
The bus of Cruz del Sur was very comfortable. Even though I bought the second class seat, I managed to sleep straight till sunrise.
Initially I had not planned to go to Arequipa, but the Irish lady I had met in Puno told me that it was very relaxing and safe here, I then decided to pay a visit. As expected, the bus station in Arequipa was not close to the city center and I had to take the taxi alone. In this early morning, there were barely people around, yet I arrived at the hostel safely.
 |
| Strange soup: rice, potatoes and meat |
 |
| The pork chop was very hard and dry, it's like a pork jerky |
The hostel I am staying at is also Wild Rovers Backpackers Hostel. At first, I thought they might have exception of the check-in time here in Peru, but things did not turn out the way I wanted. I was forced to kill my time by getting on to the internet, again. So I got to check the flight ticket to Galapagos, and I found some tickets around 300 USD. I immediately told this news to Hilary and let her to make consideration!
After all, this Wild Rover hostel was not a bad ass, because they let me move into their staff room when they saw me waiting so impatiently.
 |
| Plaza de Armas |
 |
| Very advanced traffic light |
Arequipa is located on the foot of the volcano El Misti. The local people used the white volcano ashes to build their houses for its durability. With many white houses in the city, it's thus known as "The White City" ( 'Ciudad Blanca' in Spanish). If the weather is sunny, El Misti is clearly visible in the city. However, the time I went, the weather was good but the sky was filled with hazy mist, it made me feel so moody.
 |
| El Misti can be vaguely seen |
 |
| The wall in the city |
 |
| The antiques shop in the city |
Today's schedule was mainly touring the city center, as I felt tired after the night bus ride. In the afternoon, I began the journey of price comparison among different travel agencies. In fact, the routes they offered were nearly the same, and the prices ranged from 70-90 PEN. If you paid more, you could stay at a better 'hotel'. The thing I mainly worried about was hot water for shower, for other matters I did not concern about.
When I was still deciding, I went to another travel agency. The staff inside was a pretty boy, but when he spoke he started to scare me because he sounded like a woman. I found it was interesting to listen to him and let him continue his explanation to me. In this Colca Canyon journey, there we will stop at one place to see the 7 colors lake. If a normal person explained to me, they would just casually mention this lake. Whereas this guy did his explanation so lively, 'You know what? The lake is soooooooooooooo colorful, it is like a rainnnnnnnbow! I am sure you will lovvvvvvvvvvve it!' I burst out laughing once he finished, not because of his exaggerating comment, but his hilarious tone! Due to the price, I did not choose this travel agency at last, but I will never forget about him. He really made my day!
 |
| Peeking the church |
 |
| Not-so-tasty strawberry cheesecake |
After dark I wandered around the city for a bit, then I went back to take an early rest in the hostel. Tomorrow I will wake up early to start my Colca Canyon tour!
 |
| Plaza de Arnas at night |
 |
| Plaza de Arnas at night |
0 comments:
Post a Comment