After Machu Picchu, I indeed lost direction/passion of my journey again. However, I had already bought the return ticket, I could not waste anymore time on my aimless journey but needed to plan where I should go next.
Then I got to know my new roommate Hilary in the hostel. Our return tickets are more or less the same period of time and she is also interested in going to Galapagos Islands, hence we went to check the flight tickets together in the morning. Aileen had told me that one travel agency in the Plaza de Armas provided very cheap ticket to Ecuador, but it turned out to be around 500 USD per ticket. So Hilary and I exchanged emails and we will need some time to make decision.
 |
| Church |
Next on my schedule was to continue my personal city tour in Cuzco, but I mainly prepared supplies for the rest of my journey. Firstly I went to buy contact lens solution. The retail system is very interesting in Peru, shops which sell the same things all open on the same street, is this the so called "fair competition"? After that I needed to burn a CD for my photos, therefore I went to one internet place. Of course, I could find over 10 internet places on the same street again.
 |
| Cat gate |
My lunch of Chinese food was definitely a highlight of today. In fact, I normally resist to eat Chinese food during any journey. As I am finally out of Hong Kong, should I need to try the local dishes instead? When I go back home, I can try as much Chinese food as I can, it is just a matter of one week or two! Today I chose to eat Chinese food, because I really needed a break from the dry South American food already.
Chinese food is called Chifa in Peru. One of the reasons is that it sounds like "eat rice" in Mandarin. I personally think it sounds quite weird. There was no other customers in the restaurant and I felt awkward if I left at that moment. Thus I ordered one menu of fried rice, one soup of wonton skin was also served in the menu. The soup tasted okay when I liked to eat wonton skin. But the fried rice was quite bad as the Peruvian rice was lack of stickiness. The texture was hard and rough. Besides, the seasonings didn't match that I could taste salt and egg/rice separately in the same dish, it was very strange. My stomach even started to hurt afterwards, it instantly reminded me so much of the horrible fried rice I tried in Cuba!
 |
| Wonton skin soup |
 |
| Terrible fried rice |
After lunch, I continued to walk to the legendary Inca Wall to look for the 12-sided Stone. I could not admire more of the embedding technology of the Inca people that they could perfectly cut the stone into do-decagon and not one gap could be found in between. When I walked closer to the Inca Walk, there was no tourist taking photos of the stone, depriving me like a mad people to count the stone against the wall while walking back and forth. When I finally found it out, the tourists suddenly popped out from no where to take photos of it. Were they actually waiting for my confirmation?
 |
| Street |
 |
| The traffic road looked so absurd |
In the evening, I walked back to Plaza de Armas and saw a crowd of people there. Actually they were watching the parade. I sat on the curb with a bunch of local people together. There were different groups of performers. They all dressed in traditional costumes, and they were moving forward and dancing at the same time. The little kid who sat next to me was so entranced to their performance. While the dancers passed by us, he even shouted "hola" to them every single time.
After watching it for a while, I went back to the hostel and was ready to take the night bus to my next destination - Arequipa.
 |
| 12-sided stone |
 |
| If only I had money... |
 |
| Parade |
 |
| The audience of the parade |
 |
| Dance parade |
0 comments:
Post a Comment