• Day 3: Skopje, Macedonia



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    Today is the day to travel, as I left Belgrade and took an almost 11-hour bus ride to Skopje, the capital city of Macedonia. I hadn't known the bus would take such long time, maybe it was due to the rainy weather. Nevertheless, I arrived safely at the bus station at Skopje at around 8 in the evening.

    Goodbye to Belgrade
    The boring highway in Serbia
    The hostel I am staying tonight is Shanti Hostel. It is located closely to the bus station, however, I couldn't recognize the roads in the dark. And I ended up walking to the river banks, and met 2 strangers (suspected as gypsies) who seemingly were chasing me from behind. I was startled and tried my best to run back to the main street. It's just suicidal to run with my two backpacks in this unbelievably freezing weather. Luckily, they did not try to come close to me anymore. After a while wandering in the same neighborhood, a nice Macedonian lady advised me the direction and I could successfully make it to the hostel.

    Bus station on the way

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong