• Day 21: Novi Sad, Serbia



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    Today I had to wake up at 5 in the early morning, as I needed to take the bus from Sarajevo to Belgrade. I shared a taxi together with an Australian guy who stayed next door in the hostel, and then we took the same bus to Belgrade. Since I was still very sleepy, I barely talked with that guy both on the taxi and the bus. All I did on the bus was sleeping, sleeping and sleeping. I could barely remember the bus made some toilet breaks in between, however, I couldn't stay awake for more than 5 minutes and fell right back to sleep afterwards, despite it was freezing cold on the bus.

    Walking to the old town
    After 5-6 hours, I arrived at the good old bus station in Belgrade. I immediately went to buy the bus ticket to Novi Sad, there was bus to Novi Sad every half hour. When I got on the bus, I nodded off right away. Once the bus arrived at Novi Sad, I could finally get back my senses.

    The hostel I reserved is called Hostel Rookies, which is centrally located next to the old town, and it isn't difficult to go from the bus station at all.

    Theater Square
    In the afternoon, I started sightseeing the old town. It is a smaller city comparing to Belgrade, but the architectures in the old town are very European, which makes it a lovely city. I walked pass the Liberty Square and headed to the river banks, it's accessible on foot and quite a pleasure to walk in this warm weather.

    The name of Mary Church on Liberty Square
    Old Town
    Restaurants were everywhere
    A lake in Danube Park
    There is a bridge across the Danube, on the left bank I could see Petrovaradin Fortress. I didn't go up there in the end, as I was pretty tired after so many days of walking. I just spent some time strolling on the right bank instead. There were many people jogging, cycling and strolling, what a beautiful place to do some exercises.

    Petrovaradin Fortress
    Danube again
    Danube is yellow, not blue
    Lover locks on the bridge
    Very European
    Flower blossom
    Statues by Danube
    This once was a bridge which bombed by NATO
    Very exercise-doer friendly
    Before sunset, I walked back to the old town and wandered a bit more. At night, I had a Serbian's style fast food and then went back to the hostel. I got to know a new friend, who was a German woman. Interestingly, she had not stayed in Germany for few decades. Instead, she had worked in Hong Kong for 20 something years and now is residing in Malaysia. It is actually nice to have someone to talk to before going to bed.

    Building in communist style
    Precious Gelato moment
    Walking around the old town
    Walking around the old town
    Sunset
    Desserts in the fast-food store
    Liberty Square at night
    The name of Mary Church at night

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong