Chinese Version / 中文版本
Dear VV,
To be frank, I have not been a culé for a very long time, but I do love Barça. I love the concept of La Masia , I love the style Barça has been playing, and I love the hardworking players who have always been striving for every possible titles. Except you, in my opinion, you are a very overrated goalkeeper. Especially in the last season, your unstable performance did really get on my nerves. I strongly believed that Barça could do so much better without your presence. Not to mention the Spain NT, many other goalkeepers such as David De Gea and Diego Lopez both deserved more to be selected. Until the moment you announced that you would not extend your contract with Barça, I was completely overwhelmed. I was already imagining the whole team lifting up the cups of La Liga and the Champions League with the new goalkeeper, what a fantastic picture it would be! However, you chose to stay for one more season and would leave Barça for free, I was thoroughly disillusioned.
Actually I have not had high expectation of Barça for this season, as our shitty defense remains the same and the fact that you are still on the team. Nevertheless, your performance has been consistently good since the first match of La Liga. You have been playing unbelievably well, to the extent that I think you have changed to be another person. In fact, you have saved our asses for so many times. We could have lost many points, if you did not play that astonishingly.
Last Sunday, it was your last El Clásico at Bernabéu. Of course, you did not disappoint us and the team did a very good job too. As a culé, I was really proud of the final result in spite of the controversial penalties. I was even sleepless because of the adrenaline rush, it took me quite a while to calm myself down afterwards.
At this critical moment, when we are striving to get back to the top of the league table, bad news always come. Unfortunately, your knee got injured and it turned out to be a torn ACL. You will probably be out for 6 months. I feel really terrible that this game vs Celta de Vigo is actually your last with Barça. Besides La Liga and the Champions League, you will surely miss the World Cup in Brazil too. I feel really heartbroken for you. I can totally understand how gut-wrenching it is, when your career in Barça ends so unexpectedly and you miss the chance to defend the World Cup championship for your country.
Anyways, thank you for everything you did for the club! You are an amazing goalkeeper and you will for sure be missed by us the culés. Last but not least, I wish you a speedy recovery and get well soon, crack!
Ánimo Víctor Valdés!!!
Best regards,
A culé from Hong Kong






0 comments:
Post a Comment