• Day 7: Mexico City, Mexico



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    The bus back to Mexico City departed at 6 in the early morning. Apparently there were fewer people in the day bus, but the guy who sat behind me was very annoying, that he did not stop talking on his phone since he got on the bus. He talked on the phone for almost 2 hours straight. Why didn't the lord let me sleep on the bus when I was so in need of it?

    Six hours later the bus arrived at Terminal del Este in Mexico City. I quickly took the metro and sped to Hostel Amigos. After moving my heavy luggage to the room, I quickly walked out again. My schedule of today was to visit Chapultepec. Before taking the 30-min metro ride, I grabbed my chance to taste the delicious grilled chicken for my lunch, it was yummy!

    Originally I had planned to go to the museums in Chapultepec, but I did not have a map with me and ended up spending a lot of time on searching it in vain. Finally I decided to just visit Chapultepec park.

    Could never find the museum after following this street sign
    Vigorous squirrel
    There is a big lake inside Chapultepec park. I bought a bag of awfully tasted popcorn and took some rest by the lake. It was a pity I already finished the book I bought along with me, otherwise it would be awesome to read some book next to this peaceful lake. 

    This park seems to be the Central Park of Mexico City, there is also one famous zoo inside the park. Many people come here to chill and row boats on the lake. 

    When I started to wander around again, I encountered a street performer and many people surrounded him. He brought a lot of props with him, for example, a stacks of newspapers, a bag with a snake in it, a water bottle, poker cards......He picked out the snake from the bag and put it on the ground. Then he started to fold the newspapers for almost 15 minutes. His mouth was constantly speaking something in Spanish I did not understand. I lost all my patience to wait for his performance, until now I still have no clue what he was actually doing!

    Stunning view of the lake
    Who would visit the zoo simply because of these 2 ugly insects?
    Awful tasted popcorn
    The plaza in the park
    Weird performance
    This little girl ate so dirty
    The ugliest Sponge Bob ever
    After leaving the park, I headed to the nearby district Polanco, since I searched a pastry shop famous for its cheesecake on the internet, which name is Jaso Bakery. Nevertheless, they only sold the whole big one. Finally I only bought a chocolate tart. The very generous pasty chef as well as the shop owner even treated me one chocolate macaron for free. That macaron was one of the best I have ever tried thus far, it was not over sweet nor heavy. Then I bought one gelato in the nearby gelato shop, the sky turned completely dark by the time I finished my gelato.

    Tasty gelato
    Chocolate tart of Jaso Bakery
    Again I had my dinner in my favorite restaurant, then returned to the hostel to do some research of Cuba. After all I will not be able to assess to the internet in Cuba. When I had not planned anything and I did not have a Lonely Planet with me, I ended up going to bed at 2 in the morning!

    Very delicious spicy soup
    Cathedral at night

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong