• Day 35: Lima, Peru



    Chinese Version / 中文版本

    In fact, I really believe in the Chinese proverb "One kind of rice feeds hundred kinds of people". Last night I stayed in a 6 people dorm suite, where I had an extremely uneducated, uncivilized and obnoxious roommate. Because the toilet in the bathroom stank so much, logically I would keep the door shut. In addition, there're already windows in the room. It did not make any sense to open the bathroom door just to circulate the air. Nevertheless, this abominable red headed girl just opened it regardless of our objection, which made the foul smell spread all over the room. 

    Last night after dinner, I closed the door so tightly before going to bed. I could not believe that lady opened the door again when everyone was sound asleep. When I woke up this morning, I instantly smelt the infamous bathroom stink. If beating people up would not get me into trouble, I would slap her for like 10 times already. What a selfish prick! 

    Moreover, her behavior was cranky to the max. In the morning, there was a man checking in to our room. Meanwhile, this lady was fully naked lying on her bed, covered in no blanket. The girl staff was startled and closed the door at once for her to get changed. But she still did not get dressed and insisted to let the man in. The man looked very embarrassed at that time and tried not to look at her direction. 

    When her narcissistic rating is 10 out of 10 points, then her shameless rating must be 100 out of 10! At the same time, she recalled my memory of another weird roommate I met in Moscow. Both of them are obsessed with the toilet as well as their bodies so so much! Sometimes I just wonder, how is the world functioning with all these weirdos?

     My favorite churros
    Today's schedule was to visit the city center of Lima. Before getting going, of course I needed to run errands like buying bus ticket and going to the post office. There were several markets near the post office, I already decided to go there for crazy shopping before I headed back to the states. 

    When I was ready to go to the historical district of Lima, I took a random minibus on the street. They look very similar to the minibus in Hong Kong, and their natures are basically the same. For example, they wait on the street for passengers; passengers will get off at every single stop; and their car sizes are exactly the same, etc. The only difference I can tell is the service. There is a guy on the minibus here in Lima, who is responsible for collecting money and picking up passengers. I was the person they just picked up randomly on the main street in Miraflores. 

    Actually Lima is a very big city, it took almost an hour to get to the historical district from Miraflores. And it seems to be a more shabby area in the historical district with no shopping malls around and with many people. The minibus dropped me off on Av. Tacna, I was quite scared at that moment as I heard Lima was infamous of her notorious robberies' crime.

    Couldn't believe my eyes to see this rotten movie in the theater in Lima
    Many Lee Kum Kee sauces in Lima's supermarket
    I only had the map of Lonely Planet with me, but luckily it took me roughly 15 minutes to walk to the San Francisco Church without getting lost. When I was in Mendoza, Carlos had introduced this church to me. However, I didn't find it special, as I had already seen a lot of churches. 

    Besides the big plaza and the church, there seems to be nothing worthy to see in this district. I decided to withdraw some more money and then left. Actually, the historical district is also the financial district of Lima with a lot of banks' headquarters around the corner. But most of the ATMs did not accept foreign bank card. It finally took me another one hour to find a Cities Bank's ATM which was feasible. 

    Then I went back to Av. Tacna to take the same bus back to Miraflores. The sky already turned darker when I got back! After a little wandering, I went back to the hostel and was ready to leave for the night bus to Ecuador!

    San Francisco Church
    This is actually HSBC
    Tonight I took the night bus of Cruz del Sur again. After dinner I even watched the movie "Planet of the apes". Though it was in Spanish, I still manged to get the idea of the whole movie! If I stay here long enough, I may speak Spanish very fluently.

    P.S. In the morning, I forgot to pack my towel again after shower. When I got back to the hostel at night, it was already no where to be found. I wondered if that weird lady threw it away? I swore I needed to find it back next week!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Me

    An avid traveler who wishes to conquer all the places on her bucket list before the world ends.

    Copyright

    @ Travel Till the World Ends 2014. The materials on this website (including text, artwork and photographs) are owned by apripopopo.

    Current Location

    Hong Kong